4.5.10

Wrap me up

A little while ago, I stumbled across this image on the Sartorialist. Immediately it became my desktop background...and ever since that moment I have dreamt of finding a cloak like this and becoming this girl.


Whilst I am no closer to owning one, I have figured out where to find them. Enter Lindsey Thornburg, a designer originally from Colorado now based in New York. After returning from a trip to Machu Piccu in 2006, she was inspired to create her own collection of heavy wool hooded cloaks. Her inspiration is clearly interpreted through the use of tribal textile prints.






At USD $900, they are hardly a steal but should be a winter wardrobe staple. I am currently trawling through the sale section of the website to see if I can pick up a bargain and hibernate inside it until winter is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment